Sunday, October 24, 2010

The Man, The Myth, The Legend

I've been thinking a lot recently, mainly what I've been thinking about is that I'd love to get back into the writing of stories, poems, songs etc. and playing of guitar that I used to spend much of my free time doing in my late teens, early 20's. The biggest problem with this is that I just don't know where to start, I don't know how to restart the creative processes involved in doing those things. I know it's going to be impossible to just pick up where I left off, for one thing I just don't have the idea's flowing around my head the way they did when I was writing a lot and for another I don't have the finger dexterity or finger "memory" required to play guitar anymore. I know these are generally things that come with practice and being in the right mind set, but I remember being able to do these things, I know I should still be able to do them and that makes me feel disheartened and makes it harder for me to accept that if I'm going to do write and play again then I'm going to have to learn to do it all over again. I'm not sure I have the patience to start all over again, no matter how much I want to.

No comments:

Post a Comment