Saturday, March 28, 2015

MCM Comic Con March 2015

Last weekend I attended my third MCM Comic Con at the NEC in Birmingham and it was absolutely awesome, every year the sheer number of people who pass through the event astounds me. Before my first covention I genuinely had no idea that comics and geek culture in general has such a huge following in the UK, I find it very exciting to see so many people sharing my love of all things geeky.

The highlight of this years convention for me was getting to meet Warwick Davis and his wife, I have grown up watching Warwick and have been a fan of his for as long as I can remember. Normally I find meeting people I’m a fan of to be quite a disappointing prospect, people are very rarely what you expect them to be and in many cases actually come across as quite rude and arrogant. Warwick however was very appreciative of the people coming to see him, very polite and tried his best to make time for everyone. Very rarely have I felt as at ease meeting someone I don’t know as I did meeting Warwick and that really put a smile on my face, my partner was literally giddy with excitement after meeting him. But what really lifted the experience for me was meeting his wife, who is a bit of a celebrity in her own right having appeared in several TV roles as well as in the film Willow, I have never come across a person who seemed so genuinely happy to be sat at a table meeting and greeting people before. Her enthusiasm and happiness to interact with the people she met was amazing and went a long way towards making the whole experience so pleasurable, I actually wish we had asked her to sign our picture along side Warwick.

MCM Comic Con is always an awesome weekend for me and I hope that I get to visit many more if them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment