Wednesday, August 10, 2016

Feeling A Little Lost

For a while now I’ve been feeling increasingly disconnected, normally it’s not all that bad, I can just shut myself off and run on autopilot. I get up the same time each morning, I eat breakfast, I go to work, I do my job, I come home, I eat dinner, then at around 10pm I finally give up and go back to sleep. I keep my thoughts shut off and allow my mind to become filled with mundanities and the day to day tasks of my regular existence. The last few days have been different, I have been off work and the change in routine has allowed my walls to slip and left me feeling melancholy, listless and completely lacking in energy. The longer I’m off work the more apparent it’s becoming that I’m not coping as well as I would like.

7 comments:

  1. Hi Dan, it's Sam.
    I dunno if you got my other message, so i'll try this.
    Sorry for the crap you been going through.
    i was wondering if you would be interested to come Skegness on 21st October to watch Vampire rocks? Also i am a huge gamer now so if you ever want to play some games online, i have a good bunch of lads that are always willing to chat to new people.
    anyway if any of these interest you just let me know here and i'll sort it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sam
      Wow, it's been a good few years since I heard from you, glad you're still around. So are you in Skeggy full time these days? Or just taking a break from local life? As much as I appreciate the offer, and I genuinely do appreciate it, I'll be stuck at work and wouldn't be able to make it. It would be good to talk sometime. So you're a gamer now, PC or console?

      Delete
  2. Dan
    i live in woodville with my partner and currently working as a QHSE Manager for a company called greenbank group. shame you can't make skeggy it's a good show and was hoping you could come.
    i'm a PC master race, my steam name is grimsamdango666 if you want to add me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you felt like meeting up at some point, I'm sure Penny would be up for it too, I still see him every now and then.

      Delete
    2. i could only make a weekend due to work during the week, but sure i'd enjoy meeting up sometime.

      Delete
  3. Dan,

    You sure you can not come on the 21st to Skegness?
    I have had a drop out, so I have a ticket and hotel room free.
    transport sorted just have to be available on the Friday to be picked up at 12 ish.

    If not no problem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I could get the time off work I'd love to join you, unfortunately I've used up all my holidays for this year.

      Delete