Saturday, February 11, 2017

Review: Cherry Tree Farm, Willington

Cherry Tree Farm
Etwall Rd, Willington DE65 6DX

From the outside this just looks like a run of the mill chain pub/carvery, a look that definitely caries through to the interior, that said the place is clean, tidy and seems fairly well looked after.

This is my mothers favourite place to eat out so I have visited on several occasions, unfortunately on almost every occasion something has let it down. During in the most recent visit the service was very slow, it took nearly 10 minutes to get served at the bar. It wouldn't have been so bad if I wasn't the only person standing at it, then once I finally got served I had to send one of the drinks back because it tasted foul.

The menu actually has a fairly decent selection available, I chose a chilli burger with chips. After nearly an hour's wait the food finally arrived and the disappointingly frozen chips (how hard is it to hand cut and fry a potato?) had gone cold, the chilli had virtually no meat or beans in it, and the burger was so dry I had to buy another drink to wash it down. I brought my issues up with a staff member who didn't really seem to care and merely offered to take my plate away to replace the cold chips, I declined the offer as cold chips aren't as bad as a cold burger.

Overall a very disappointing experience, had it been a one off I would have been inclined to chalk it up to a bad day, but this was the third consecutive occasion that I've been disappointed by this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment