Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Jonathan Davis: Black Labyrinth


I'm not actually a huge Korn fan, I like their music but I can largely take it or leave it. With that said Jonathan Davis' new solo album, Black Labyrinth, is excellent. I've listened to it all the way through a couple of times now and I can honestly say that I've really enjoyed it. I feel like I've connected with it, in a way that I don't often do, and I think I can tell where he is coming from. Several of the tracks on this album are extremely emotionally charged and that comes across well in the lyrics, his voice and the musical styles he uses. This is a real departure from his work with Korn and I feel that is to his benefit, it portrays him in a completely different light and really showcases his versatility as an artist. Black Labyrinth is definitely one of my favourite albums this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment