Thursday, April 23, 2020

Lockdown Gardening


I've spent the last couple of days working on my vegetable patch and it's starting to look pretty good.

It just used to be waste ground, I wanted to clear it, install a couple of raised beds and plant them up with a few choice vegetables. The current lockdown situation has made getting hold of what I needed to do this a little difficult.

Instead I decided to clear it, install some cheap plastic edging, dig in some compost and plant directly into the soil. Just turning over this small patch of dirt I've pulled out a fairly sizable pile of rubble and old root matter, I'm glad I didn't decide to make it larger this year.

Next year I will definitely be building a decent sized raised bed in the centre of the patch and back filling it with ordered in top soil.

No comments:

Post a Comment