Wednesday, September 4, 2019

I Taught Myself To Knit



I ended up spending some time in Birmingham town centre over the weekend, I got some food, had a couple of drinks, browsed a few shops and generally hung out, it was actually pretty good fun. The afternoon was starting to get towards evening and I was aware that I would need to be leaving fairly soon. With that in mind, I headed towards the train station hoping to get on the next train to Burton, however, it turned out that the next train was fairly heavily delayed and the train after wasn't arriving for over an hour (A common theme where British rail travel is concerned, it seems that the more expensive train tickets become the longer the delays you should expect. I'll probably end up writing a more in depth rant about this at some point in the future). Knowing that I was in for a wait, I popped into a nearby shop to pick up a drink and a bit of a snack, a fella has to keep his energy levels up after all. Whilst queuing to pay, I noticed they were selling balls of wool and knitting needles. Being the not even remotely childish, fully functional adult that I am, I immediately bought a pair of thick bamboo needles and a ball of extra chunky wool. So instead of just sitting around Birmingham train station, basically doing absolutely nothing, I decided to teach myself how to knit, something I've never really done before, and after a bit of a wait, and starting over several times, this extremely ugly, tiny scarf (?) is the result.

No comments:

Post a Comment