Thursday, March 29, 2012

Random Rant

People assume that because I have an interest in and feel an affinity towards Norse mythology, the stories, the symbolism and artifacts relating to Norse mythology that I practice a pagan religion. I can't say that I get offended by this because I don't, I feel that we are all entitled to our own beliefs, no matter what they are. I also believe, however, that those beliefs are a private thing and should not be forced upon the general population in any way, shape or form.

I understand that certain religions require certain things from there practitioners, but I feel that religion should not take priority over the laws and policies of the land, nore should those laws and policies be written, affected by or adjusted to suit any religious point of view, not matter which religion that be. If one person can't wear something that obscures their facial features then no one can, if one person is not allowed to wear jewellery the no one can, if one person can't carry a weapon then no one can. There should never be a situation where it is one rule for one person and another rule for someone else. Everyone is equal, everyone is entitled to the same rights and everyone should be subject to the same laws and the same rules and the same policies regardless of beliefs, skins colour, sex, age or background.

No comments:

Post a Comment