Tuesday, March 6, 2012

My.....

So my girlfriend tells me I'm the unhappiest man in the world, I'm not convinced it's true, I think I'm just very even mooded. She insists that I always see the worst in everything and everyone, but I say I'm just realistic and I don't like to get my hopes up.

My mother insists that I'm crazy, that I should be on medication. I say medication is for people that are ill, not for people who're happy to accept that things are beyond their control and allow themselves to go with the flow, whether that flow goes with or against to norm. My mother thinks she know's whats best for me, I don't think she even knows who I am so how could she have any concept of what's wrong or right?

People say that I need to "grow up", that a man of 28 shouldn't collect figures and comics or play video games. I think that being my own man, living my own way, having my own house and sharing it all with my partner makes me qualified to judge what's "grown up" and what isn't, not that I really want to "grow up", who actually wants to be an adult if they can help it?

2 comments:

  1. Life's what you make it. No one can say if you are living it right or wrong. i myself am a 29 year old man who watches anime before work in the morning, then work as a project manager/health and safety then i come home to my partner, watch some TV with her and then play a video game. i never really go out. Mainly because i hate the outside it's just full of people i really don't want to talk too and idiots. But i am satisfied with my life. "growing up" seems to be away of putting down a free spirit. anyway enough of this divel

    enjoy life
    from
    Grimsamdango

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you're right, life is what you make and whatever you chose to make of it, as long as it makes you happy, should be respected and celebrated

      Delete