Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Review: Posh Chips, Brierley Hill

I've been a big fan of street food for a while now and I guess when I tried posh chips I probably had slightly inflated expectations, unfortunately, this has meant I ended up slightly disappointed.

I would like to clarify that It certainly wasn't the toppings that I found disappointing, they offer a really great selection, were good quality, had plenty of flavour and, although I found the beef on the British a little dry, were pretty damn impressive.

It was actually the chips that let them down, they seemed like run of the mill oven chips straight from the freezer. To their credit, they were soft, fluffy and clearly from the higher end of the quality spectrum, however, they suffered from the classic frozen chip issues of being quite dry and basically tasteless. For a place that clearly puts a lot of effort into other aspects of their food, and seeing as chips are literally their name, I expected them to be better.

With that said I really do recommend this place, it’s great to see a local fast food joint raising the bar and doing something a little bit different, but I obviously feel some improvements could be made.

No comments:

Post a Comment