Tuesday, August 6, 2019

Day Tripping - The Black Country Living Museum



I don’t often go out, this is equally to do with my own hermit like nature as it is my inadequacy to function as a well rounded adult, however, I recently decided to take a day trip to the Black Country Living Museum and, to be honest, I had a really good time. I found the exhibitions to be extremely interesting, well researched and the staff to be quite knowledgeable and passionate about the subject matter. I’ve always found history to be an important subject and it’s awesome to see it brought to life in such an engaging and interactive manner. There’s such a wide range of subjects covered, from beautifully restored classic cars to a mockup of an early 20th century mine, that it’s quite easy to spend a full day there without getting bored or running out of things to see and do. As with several other tourist attractions throughout the UK, buying a ticket entitles you to a free return visit at any point over the next year and I’m actually quite looking forward to taking advantage of this by visiting on one of the many themed weekends they organise. I enjoyed myself that much I even felt the need to purchase souvenirs and got myself a new peaky blinders themed hat and an old school bag of marbles (who doesn’t love marbles?). I even felt the need to splash out on a portion of fish and chips, cooked in the traditional method using beef dripping instead of oil.

No comments:

Post a Comment