Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Review: Braun MGK7020



I’ve been using the Braun MGK7020 for a while and I am finding it to be a fairly capable trimmer, that performs the majority of its many functions very well and has actually replaced several other separate products I had previously been using. For me I’ve found that the best functions are the clean shave, precision trim and nose hair trimmer, it performs these functions so well that it easily out performs dedicated products.

Considering this is actually a fairly compact device, it is very powerful and makes short work of both beard and body hair alike. The charge time on this product is remarkable, just 15 minutes and you’ll have enough power for a thorough trim, give it a 2 or 3 hour charge and it’ll last a couple of weeks worth of regular use.

Personally I have predominantly used this to groom and maintain my body hair and have had no real issues. The blades strike a good balance between safety and sharpness, being sharp enough to cut through even very fine hairs, but not being so sharp that you have worry too much about nicking yourself.

The only things that really let this product down are the adjustable combs, they are not really ideal for use on facial or body hair, they may perform better on head hair, but I have not tested this. I’ve found that where the provided fixed combs generally only takes one pass to get a fairly decent and consistent trim, the adjustable combs require 3 or 4 passes to achieve the same level of results. The available lengths on these combs are also clearly intended to maintain designer stubble, or body hair, rather than an actual beard, as the longest setting is only 21mm. My beard is quite short, tidy and regularly trimmed, but is still more that twice this length.

Overall I’m very pleased with this product, considering the number of functions it has, I’ve found that it performs extremely well in most circumstances and would certainly recommend this to anyone looking to downsize their collection of grooming products.

No comments:

Post a Comment