Sunday, April 28, 2019

Chinese Fakeaway



As part of my current attempt at healthier eating, I've completely cut out takeaway food and, as such, it's been over a year since the last time I ate a chinese takeaway. When it comes to chinese food I'm fairly predictable in regards to what I order, I nearly always have some form of chow mein, because I absolutely love noodles. This weekend my parents had a chinese takeaway and, because I was insanely close to caving in and ordering the house special noodles, I decided to join them by cooking my own. I made a chinese style roasted lean pork loin, marinated and cooked in a sauce made with onion, ginger, garlic, rice wine vinegar, dark soy sauce, oyster sauce, chinese five spice and honey (I actually used a low calorie fruit syrup, as a replacement, to cut the sugar content and the number of calories). I served this over a bed of egg noodles and stir fried vegetables, both of which I flavoured with some of the left over marinade.

No comments:

Post a Comment