Thursday, June 13, 2019

I Had A Dog...

I had a dog, his name was Oscar and he was a good boy.

I’d be lying if I said he was perfect or the ideal pet, Oscar was noisy, smelly, clumsy, messy, annoying, overly excitable and half of the time he would completely ignore what he was being told to do, even though he was actually fairly well trained and usually completely aware of the command he was being given, and do what he wanted to anyway.

What made Oscar special is that he was lovable and very loving in return, he had the amazing ability to make just about anyone smile and I genuinely believe that he didn’t have a mean bone in his body. He may have seemed as dumb as a post to most people, but he was clever in his own way. Oscar could tell the difference between being sad and wanting company and being sad and wanting to be left alone, though often him leaving you alone meant he would sit on the other side of the room giving you massive puppy dog eyes until you caved in and called him over. He loved being around people, though he didn’t like large groups and could sometimes be a little wary at first, but if you were nice to him he would warm up to you quickly and you’d be his new best friend, because everyone was his best friend. Oscar definitely lived in the moment, nothing was ever considered and he didn’t do anything subtly, even when he wagged his tail he did it wholeheartedly and was actually wagging his entire back half.

I miss Oscar, it’s been years since he died and I’ve not thought about him in months, but as I sit here writing this it’s all flooding back. Oscar was genuinely special, one of a kind, I’ve found it difficult to bond with other animals since Oscar died, it broke my heart.

I had a dog, his name was Oscar and he was the best boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment