Tuesday, June 11, 2019

I’m An Old Fart

And I now completely understand what people mean when they say they’ve put their back out. I’m no stranger to back pain, and that’s ignoring the more or less constant lower back pain I have from just being a fat guy, over the years I’ve injured my back in too many ways to remember. From bruises to pulled muscles to simple strains, back pain is just part of my daily routine.

This morning, however, was the worst back pain I’ve ever felt in my life and I wasn’t even doing anything stupid. I got out of the shower, bent down to dry my legs and as I stood up my back audibly cracked. Rather than the satisfying feeling of relief and feeling a release of pressure, I was suddenly in intense pain, I couldn’t easily stand and I could feel a strong tightness in my stomach and lower back.

So far this has lasted all day, with the pain and tightness only easing slightly, to the point where I’ve given up on the day, dosed myself with anti-inflammatories, painkillers and dragon balm and crawled into bed to try and sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment